Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The rides are nearly figured out.

Well, the Devils Tower and Peg Dragger rides are mapped, and directions will be available at the Kaw pasture. Don't let the name fool you though, the peg dragger ride takes you to some of the most beautiful scenery the Black Hills has to offer. If you want to leave some scrape marks, it is optional. I picked this route because people are coming here to ride our curvy roads, not ride the interstate!
The Scenic Mount Rushmore ride is causing me some problems. I don't want to do out and back rides, but this one may turn out that way. I had it routed through Rapid City, but two different issues caused me to rethink this. One of them involved a bike. Not going to mention the European name of it, but he cut me off going across two other lanes of traffic, then proceeded to ride at very high speeds. I ended up beside them in Keystone and and commented to him that he "really saved a lot of time, didn't he?" I just got a dumb look in return. This is common on this stretch of road, both bikes and cars. I may choose to avoid it altogether.
I want to have the directions for all suggested rides on one sheet of paper, so you can always mix and match rides if you want.

No comments: